Purpose For Life Family Counselling Sydney
Purpose for life is here to help your family communicate better and work through any issues that are affecting your family and its members. He has worked with families throughout Sydney and NSW, of which all have different and unique dynamics and their own unique challenges.
A family is made up of individuals with unique personalities, needs, strengths, and weaknesses. The dynamics can sometimes become complicated and confusing especially managing blended families, potential separation or divorce. Whatever the issue, seeking help is just a telephone call away
Helping with whole family meetings or one on one counselling
Unless you have read extensively or done professional studies in parenting, seeking a family guide in times of difficult family situations can be the next best decision you, or anyone, can make. Whether it is parenting, coping with the development of family members at various stages of their lives or some immediate family conflict counselling, Ian can offer a way forward.
Being a parent isn’t easy and parenting a teenager has its own unique challenges, which is where Ian can help in opening the channels of communication, with the aim of improving your relationship with your teenage son or daughter. Offering whole of family meetings or one on one counselling he can work through conflicts focusing on individual responsibility and rational parenting.
Family therapy can:
- Explore with each family member how families in general, and their own family, function.
- Help you improve troubled relationships with your spouse, children, or other family members.
- Help the family focus less on the scapegoated member and more on the family as a whole.
- Strengthen all family members so they can work on their problems together.
- Help to identify underlying conflicts and anxieties as well as providing strategies to resolve them.
- Provide family members with tools to handle conflicts and changes within the family differently.
- Develop communication skills for each family member and so deepen family connections, help understand one another better and bring each of you closer together, even after the therapy sessions have ended.
“When our teenage daughter became difficult to manage my husband and I went with her to see Ian. The one word that still resonates with us all from those meetings is “consequences”. … Eva 37.
Speak with Ian Parkin
Online Counselling Available